this too
Monday, April 11, 2005
  Yellow, yellow




Click for bigger, more yellow

This glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly was displayed at the Kew Gardens orchid festival in March. I liked it for it's brightness and complexity and density and roundness, but it didn't feel right alongside the lush, fragile, pastel orchids. I can't think they were the kind of thing the artist was alluding to. It came back to me, though, when I saw the bright bush, with all those same qualities, flowering in my street.

Jude asks what the bush is. I think it's Kerria japonica 'Pleniflora'.
 
Comments:
The sculpture really does look like that bush!

I keep thinking what a pain it must have been to move and hang it without breaking it.

Karen
 
Whilst scrolling I came across the picture of yellow bush. I have been looking for the name of this so that I can plant one in my garden. Thank you.

The universe does provide..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, UK

Freelance copy-editor and translator. Keen on language, literature, photography, art, music, buddhist meditation and the countryside.

ARCHIVES
February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 /


BLOGS I READ
Powered by Blogger