this too
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
  Soothing symmetry


I took these photos of the Wren Library at Trinity College Cambridge on a freezing, rainy day a couple of weeks ago. Gazing at this fine, enduring, massive symmetry, I stopped feeling the cold and rain and my tangled nerve-endings were smoothed and soothed and made happy.



So I’m posting these today to soothe myself again. I have an awful cold – nose and throat and head on fire, stumbling through work, shaking hands nearly dropping my canteen lunch. Think solid, peaceful thoughts and beam them at the body, help it to restore itself to balance…

And the other thing that made me feel better: Augustine has interviewed God again! I think Natalie d’Arbeloff is totally brilliant. I don’t know why I didn’t know her work until I found her blog. I’m very glad I do now.
 
Comments:
Love the pics! I figured it had to have something to do with Christopher Wren... but being a bird fanatic, I just love the mental image of a library run by little wrens.
 
Thanks again, Jean. And I'm glad you're feeling better. It helps that Spring is coming, lots of trees blossoming in Camden and the air somewhat milder.

Lovely Cambridge pic. I like it there.
 
Yes, Natalie is indeed the cat's meow.

I loved these photographs.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, UK

Freelance copy-editor and translator. Keen on language, literature, photography, art, music, buddhist meditation and the countryside.

ARCHIVES
February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 /


BLOGS I READ
Powered by Blogger