this too
Thursday, March 03, 2005
  Blogging can be a tool...
Today I’ve read some words about 'what it's about' that will stay in my mind for a good while.

Julie Leung in the US Pacific North West wrote at the end of a long entry about blogging and parenting: Blogging can be a tool: If we are willing to share, if we are willing to open ourselves, to be examples, to change our lives, to live in front of each other, to ask questions and reveal distresses, we can help each other find freedom.
More at:
http://www.julieleung.com/archives/001700.html

And Andy Borrows in Hertfordshire, near London, England, shared the piece he’s written for the forthcoming ‘100 Bloggers’ book:(
http://jstrande.typepad.com/blog/100_bloggers/index.html). I can’t imagine a more eloquent summation of one man and why he writes a blog: …quite by chance, I came across blogging. I sensed something good going on, something worth being a part of – a community of “good hearts and good minds” as another blogger later put it. I felt a sense of attraction - excitement even - as, in the people I encountered, I recognised reflections of that lost soul I’d left marooned…. My blogging continues to be an exploration into the un-sailed waters of what lies within, in the company of good hearts and good minds. Sometimes scary, sometimes battling against inner resistance, often with surprising, insightful discoveries.
More at:
http://olderandgrowing.blogspot.com/2005/03/good-hearts-good-minds-blogging-as.html
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, UK

Freelance copy-editor and translator. Keen on language, literature, photography, art, music, buddhist meditation and the countryside.

ARCHIVES
February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 /


BLOGS I READ
Powered by Blogger